We believe that everyone is worth it.
We refuse to believe a statistic is a statistic, because we know there are names and birthdays. There are children and brothers and sisters.
We believe that light will overcome the darkness and we won't rest until light shines through.
We will show up.
We will continue the fight even when the opposition is greater and the fight against us is winning.
We will slog,
we will walk,
we will run.
We believe that living in freedom, having food and drink, and living under a roof are human rights.
Rights that are to be enjoyed by all mankind, not just a select few.
Whether you are part of the haves or the have-nots, we will stand arm in arm calling you to action because we believe the worst thing anyone can do is nothing at all.
- Clean water well in Tsipasi
- Clean water well in Korpehem
- A second clean water well in Korpehem
- Water purification in Tsipasi
- A school in Tsipasi
- Build latrines at the school in Tsipasi
- Install a tap for water at/in the school
- Plant a garden at the school
- Begin a meal program for the school, using fresh produce from the school's garden in the program
- Transportation to allow the farmers the opportunity to take their produce to market
- A co-op in the villages of Korpehem
Nick is the Operations guy at The Move Project. He dreams about creating service opportunities that can be done in any city or context and gathering people together to execute the event. He desires to better the local community by providing sustainable opportunities for everyone to get involved so we can live in a more just and peaceful space.
He currently resides in Indianola, Iowa with his beautiful wife and seven energetic kids.
Sam is the Communications guy at The Move Project. He dreams about joining people together, whether they are across the street from each other or across the globe. Sam is an energy catalyst and endless optimist, pressing for a collaborative movement that will make the end of global poverty a reality for his generation.
He married his best friend who he met in college, they live in Kansas City, Missouri, and have four young daughters.